The grand finale of a delightful evening at your favorite greek restaurant: Greek yogurt with nuts and honey. Despite or perhaps because of its simplicity, the classic dessert convinces with its exciting interplay of acidity and sweetness, creaminess and crispness, and a mild and tart taste.
In our recipe, honey nuts, which are prepared in no time and with just a few ingredients, provide a special twist and an extra crunchy sensation.
Ingredients for 2 persons
- Two cups of Berchtesgadener Greek style yogurt
- 100 g untreated walnuts or other untreated nuts of your choice
- 60 g Breitsamer Alpine Forest Honey (3 tbsp) + a little more for garnish
- Fruits of your choice
- Roast the walnuts (or other nuts of your choice) in a non-oiled pan. They should be golden brown in color and exude aromatic roasted aromas.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of Breitsamer Alpine Forest Honey over it and mix the honey-nut mixture well.
- Let the honey caramelize in the pan for about a minute and place the honey-nut mixture on a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Let the mass cool down completely and harden. Then you can roughly chop them up by hand or with a knife.
- Now it’s time to arrange: distribute your Berchtesgadener Greek-style yoghurt in two flat bowls and sprinkle it with the honey nuts.
- Drizzle your yoghurt with liquid Alpine honey and garnish it with fresh fruit.